Thursday, December 15, 2011

Views of Mine

I'm really busy these days. "Duh", you say? Yeah, I know.

Holidays = busy

Christmas = Stressmas

First quarter-end deadline at the Patent Office since leaving VA and my failed marriage = motivation to go lay out on the frozen blacktop naked and hope that when a truck runs me over, I've already died from a stress-induced stroke.

But alas, I am trying to embrace the joy of the season. Remember?

So, to get back in the mood of all that wondefulness and such, I figured I would share with you a few "views" of mine that always seem to make me smile. When I see these things, I am instantly redirected and somehow freed from whatever it is that's trying to drag me off my path towards starting over living wonderful.

My backyard view at the house I'm renting. 
Getting up at the crack of dawn isn't really so bad when this is the view out the kitchen window. Oh and drinking coffee while viewing increases the wow factor, I tell you! 



This is J, my over-excited and full-of-love dog. 
She is my BFF. Even if I do have to pick up her poop. Since I work from home, we are inseparable and she fairs worse off when left somewhere without me than my 15 month old son does. Most days, she is my shadow and I trip over her a lot. Which is amazing to me, really, because she is 90 freakin' pounds of sweetness laying right behind me. How do I not see her? 


The decorated tree. 
Mostly because I view putting it up and decorating it all by my lonesome as a triumph in the divorce process. I am proud of the progress I've made so far and my decorated Christmas tree is a symbol of my accomplishments towards living wonderful.


C and J "bonding". 
I'm calling it that to fool my brain. As cute as they are together,it is very hard not to think of all the disgusting grossness that it really actually is when my son shares his food with the so not starving dog. I've recently witnessed C holding out a cracker to J for her to lick, and then continuing to munch on it himself after she's effectively frosted his snack in dog slobber. 


My child, fast asleep. 
I don't really think I need to explain this one to anyone out there reading this that is a mother, single or not. When my child is asleep, it's pure heaven. Seriously, I swear that I can hear angels singing and see doves flying around my house while everything, including the dirty dishes in the sink and unkempt counters, is wrapped in a cloudy beautiful haze.



Well, I hope my views have enlightened you as much as they do me. Well, maybe that isn't quite possible per se. More realistically, I hope at least one of my views made you smile. Just sharing them with you made me smile and feel all happy and stuff. That's what I call wonderful!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh, your son is absolutely gorgeous!!! And that picture of him with the dog? priceless. My sister has two goldens and they are SO GOOD with my niece! She just loves them, and they lick her face and let her play with them however she wants. Very good to see yours doing similarly well with your son! Love this post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love my little C-man so much, sometimes I can't even believe how full my love cup is for him. It is amazing being his Mom!

    And yes, J is a big sweetheart and bonded with C since the day he came home from the hospital. They are buddies and she totally fawns over him. He can even come up to her and grab a toy while it is in her mouth and she'll just let go. She is that gentle. That's not to say that she doesn't occasionally knock him down when excited or slap him in the face almost daily with her swooshing tail!! LOL.

    Glad you liked the post. Please keep reading and commenting. Love knowing that people out there are reading this thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me, your sense of humor is priceless...I am so proud of you...I think I might get you some gravy master for Christmas.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! Thank you! No, I don't want any gravy master. But a new hot sauce to try -- on food, and not directly on my tongue -- might be nice ;)

    And I am working on mastering the sense of humor thing. I figure I'll need it as a backup someday when the divorce itself and all the legal mess that it can bring when there is a child involved greys me adds 2 years of age to my face. Three cheers for humor, hair-dye and Botox!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have a lot going for you! What an adorable kiddo. Hopefully you will get the chance to de-stress a bit over the holidays, too? I am taking off work b/t Christmas and New Year's, and wow, am I ever looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete

Have something insightful or intelligent to contribute? Please do. A diverse variety of comments ranging from praise to criticism are welcome here, so long as we all play nice and refrain from hostile hate compounded by ignorance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...