Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday, Episode 1: There are only lessons

New series for my blog! A wonderful way for me to share some of my photography with a little bit of a twist, Phenom style. 

Photo Credit: ME!
Taken with my Rebel; Bay Beach - Eastham, MA
























This is how I've been approaching almost every single aspect of my life for quite some time now.  It started when my marriage started to fall apart just as soon as it had started.  It became even more so when I became a mother. I would get it tattooed across my forehead if I thought for a minute that I would forget it now ... ok, maybe not; but you get the idea. 

It is a way of thinking that is helping to guide this starting over wonderful journey I'm always talking about.  Through managing various aspects of the divorce process, being a single mother, making choices in my career path, learning how to co-parent and in dating while separated ... this mantra is always on my mind. 

The undercurrent is that the more I learn to love myself, the more I learn to have compassion for myself for mistakes made and the more accepting I am of the consequences of those mistakes.  

Self-compassion helps fuel self-esteem.  With these things I find trust in me.   

If you make a mistake, learn from it. Change what you can, move on from what can't be changed and stop casting blame on yourself for anything outside of your control.  Through practicing this, I'm finding that you can learn to trust yourself more and more as time goes on and with trust in yourself comes confidence in yourself. With confidence it becomes easier to let go of negativity most often fueled by lingering pain and hurt, allowing yourself to instead embrace optimism.

With optimism, everything and anything that you want out of this life is possible.  And that is wonderful. 

I'm getting there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something insightful or intelligent to contribute? Please do. A diverse variety of comments ranging from praise to criticism are welcome here, so long as we all play nice and refrain from hostile hate compounded by ignorance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...