Thursday, August 23, 2012

When she disappears without a word ...

Hellooooo!

I know, I know. I've been kind of a blogging slacker lately. I've had a lot going on!  I hope you'll forgive me and I hope I haven't lost half of my readership by not posting all summer long.

C-Man and Mommy enjoying summer
Frankly, I'm kind of a hermit in the winter and I spend a lot of those dark, cold hours hiding out behind my computer screen. Once it gets warm though, and the days start getting longer, ... you're hard pressed to find me staring at my laptop screen past regular working hours.  That's just how I am and this is as close to an apology as you're gonna get from me. This is my blog of course, and I do babble here for me first and foremost. A concept I think I may have lost sight of a few months back ...

Anyway ...

I've also been taking some time off from actively processing my divorce and all that went into that, so that's another reason why I sort of went on blog-strike without any warning or notice. In case you're out of the loop, back in April I started dating someone (known as James Dean here) and what we have together has progressed into something so amazingly wonderful that I have just wanted to focus on the "here and now" with him without having my divorce baggage dragging around behind me and weighing me down.  Blogging regularly was forcing me to keep my divorce and the STBX on the surface of my emotions on a regular basis and in order to truly move on from that, I just had to take a break for awhile.  Looking back over the last few months I am 150% positive that deciding to pause the blog for awhile was one of the best decisions that I've made to date on this starting over wonderful journey.

I love my James Dean so much I could just bust, I swear.  I won't though, because that would literally be horrific and gruesome. Ew!

But I do love him more than I ever thought I could love anyone after what I've been through over the last few years.  I can't even begin to explain what it is like to finally be in a relationship where there is mutual respect, compassion and empathy for one another.  We've been head over heals for months now (read: practically inseparable) and it just keeps on getting better and better.

<3 Phenom and James Dean <3

What's most amazing to me is that we've never even once had an argument or fight.  For me, relationship-wise, that is just remarkable. I think after years and years of bad relationships, I've learned to associate the adrenaline rush that comes from fighting with romantic passion.  Now I know how confused and misguided my thought process was and how that sort of thinking may have been part of why I married the wrong person in the first place.  I mistakenly thought the constant arguing with the STBX meant we were passionately in love.  Or at least passionate.  Wrong!  Fighting with someone and never being able to see eye-to-eye does not mean you have a passionate love. What it means is that your relationship is defunct. End of story. Lesson learned.

I have some great ideas for this blog as I try and get back into the swing of things with summer winding down. I still have an awesome book review and giveaway coming up and I have a whole series that I would like to share with you surrounding parenting plans, visitation schedules and interference with the same from an ex-spouse and I also want to talk about separation agreements. A whole other reason as to why I've been away from blogging regularly has to do with all of those issues because they have each come up with both the STBX and James Dean's now ex-wife over the last four months. There is a LOT to talk about ... so, stay tuned!! (Please? Don't make me beg ...)

Damn, does it feel good to be back or what!!??!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! Love how happy you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've missed blogging on one hand, but on the other I'm glad I took a mini-vacation from it.

      Delete

Have something insightful or intelligent to contribute? Please do. A diverse variety of comments ranging from praise to criticism are welcome here, so long as we all play nice and refrain from hostile hate compounded by ignorance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...